Promotion of Pulses Cultivation in Punjab
The objectives of the projects are:
- To develop basic seed of high yielding varieties of pulses
- Promotion of certified seed of Lentil, Moong and Mash by its distribution among farmers at subsidized rates
- Transfer of modern production technology through farmer training program, print & electronic media
- Demonstration of modern production technology for pulses including Lentil, Moong, Mash & Gram at farmers’ fields
- Promotion of pulses in association of other crops in irrigated areas
- Holding of farmer days and use of other extension tools to lure farmers on adoption of pulses cultivation
Cost of the project is Rs. 127.260 Million with the gestation period from July 01, 2014 to June 06, 2017. Project location is all districts of the Punjab.
Physical progress for the year 20141-15 is 540 demonstration plots for Moong, Lentil, Mash have been laid out; 135 Pulses Drills distributed to farmers on 50% subsidy; 317700 Kg seed of Moong distributed to farmers on subsidy and sown during Spring and Kharif 2014-15; Five (5) Multiple Crop Threshers for Pulses given to Adaptive Research Farms for demonstration; 150 Farmer Days and Seminars conducted at demonstration sites; 31250 copies of literature on Moon, Mash, Gram and Lentil printed and distributed to farmers; 3000 Farmer Training Programs on Pulses conducted in the field.
Projects closed recently that were being Coordinated/Monitored: