Fertile soil alone does not carry agriculture to perfection
Cost of the project is Rs. 127.260 Million with the gestation period from July 01, 2014 to June 06, 2017. Project location is all districts of the Punjab.
The department has made the following achievements
- Prepared 81 PC-Is/proposals of different Agricultural Development projects for implementation.
- Completed 59 Economic Studies.
- Monitored and Evaluated Farmers Training program of Agriculture Extension wing with respect to rice and wheat crop
- Coordinated 28 foreign aided projects (World Bank-12, Asian Development Bank-8, JBIC-5 and others-3).
- Monitored/inspected the watercourses improved under NDP.
- Three regular newspapers (Dawn, Jang & Khabrain)
- PC-Is of projects implemented by Punjab Agriculture Department
- Different reports prepared by P&E Cell
- All studies conducted and circulated by P&E Cell
- Sitting arrangement for 15 -20 persons
During 2013, P&E Cell has published the following reports:
- Bench Mark Survey Report - Promotion of Pusles Cultivation in Punjab (2015)
- Monitoring Report - Promotion of Pulses Cultivation in Punjab (2015)
- Impact Evaluation of Up Scaling of Kitchen Gardening in Urban Areas of Punjab
- Report on Cotton Ginning Issues
- Evaluation of Adaptation of Biogas Technology to mitigate energy crises
- Evaluation Report of Production of Jojoba through research and extension